Kitkat_Egyptian: a Half-Life Deathmatch Experience by DocRock
Map Name: kitkat_egyptian.bsp
Filesize: 6.65 mb zipped / 12.4mb unzipped
Author email: firstname.lastname@example.org
wadincluded in map: kke.wad, kke1.wad, kke2.wad
Single Player: No
Suggested Players: 8 - 15
New Textures: Yes
New Sounds: Yes
New Models: Yes
Map description: A Half-Life deathmatch map set in the arid ancient land of the Pyramids
base map: None
editor used: Hammer 3.5
utilities used: Zoner's Half-Life compile tools, Paintshop Pro 7, Wally, MUSICMATCH Jukebox mp3 to wav converter, Game File Explorer Version 1.32, Half-Life Model Viewer
known bugs: None
compile machine: Intel Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ
compile time: 10 minutes
1. Run Winzip and unzip kitkat_egyptian.zip.
2. Open the kitkat_egyptian folder and place the kitkat_egyptian.bsp, kitkat_egyptian.res, and kitkat_egyptian.tx in your valve/maps folder.
3. Place the 6 (six) twildes.tga files into your valve/gfx/env folder.
4. Place the 4 wav files in a folder called kke and place that in your valve/sound folder.
5. Place the flame.spr, flameupdwn.spr, blue5.spr, flare55.spr, flare56.spr, flare57.spr, and flare58.spr in your valve/sprites folder.
6. Place the palm.mdl and palmfam.mdl in a folder called egyptian and then put that whole folder inside the valve/models folder. Also take the included Player model, Mummie, and put it in a folder called Mummie, including the mummie.bmp, and put that in your valve/models/player folder.
7. Take the kitkat_egyptian.bmp and kitkat_egyptian.txt and put them in your valve/overviews folder.
OTHER LEVELS BY DOCROCK:
mario_air, sandspyre, kitkat_space, greyscale, kitkat_express, kitkat_factory, hardcore, kitkat_beach, kitkat_klub, Get_Shorty, Farmland2, Cliffside2, Tigger, Scooby_Doo, LOML_Palace, DepotArena, Conundrum, Conundrum 2,
The Challenger Deep...etc
To my babykitkat, my lover, my sweetheart, my wife. I love you!! My #1 fan, thanks baby
for playtesting and helping me with this awesome map! I DEDICATE THIS TO YOU!
Thanks to qUiCkSiLvEr for the updated palm tree models.
Thanks to SilentRunner007 for the overview files.
Edgar Allen Poe
chalupamonk twides skybox http://planethalflife.com/atmosphere/
DOC'S NEXT MAP....COMING SOON:
kitkat_egyptian.bsp copyright June 1, 2003 by DocRock
Authors MAY use this level as a base to build additional levels as long
as you give me credit in your read.me as using this map as a base to
build your level.
You MUST NOT distribute this level UNLESS you INCLUDE THIS FILE WITH
NO MODIFICATIONS. If you don't co-operate, then DON'T DISTRIBUTE IT
IN ANY FORM.
This map includes textures used in other Half-Life modifications as well as textures
used in other PC games. It is not my intention to steal these textures and use them
for personal gain. I use these textures because I think they are very well done and
am honored to use them. Please do not be offended that I borrowed your
textures if you are the author of them.
This LEVEL may be distributed ONLY over the Internet.
You are NOT authorized to put this LEVEL on any CD or distribute it in
any way without my written permission.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me with any comments about this map or any
of my other maps because I love feedback good or bad...and I will do my
best to answer any and all emails regarding my maps.