Squidsville: a Half-Life Deathmatch Experience by DocRock
Map Name: squidsville.bsp
Filesize: 4.13 mb zipped / 12.4mb unzipped
Author email: email@example.com
wadincluded in map: deep6.wad (slightly modified) and R25.wad
Single Player: No
Suggested Players: 8 - 15
New Textures: Yes
New Sounds: Yes
New Models: Yes
Map description: A Half-Life deathmatch map set in an undersea facility in a dry sea bed.
base map: None
editor used: Hammer 3.5
utilities used: Zoner's Half-Life compile tools, Paintshop Pro 7, Wally, MUSICMATCH Jukebox mp3 to wav converter, Half-Life Model Viewer
known bugs: None
compile machine: Intel Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ
compile time: 60 minutes
1. Run Winzip and unzip squidsville.zip.
2. Open the squidsville folder and place the squidsville.bsp, squidsville.res, and squidsville.txt in your valve/maps folder.
3. Place the 6 (six) approach_.tga files into your valve/gfx/env folder.
4. Place the 6 wav files in a folder called squid and place that in your valve/sound folder.
5. Place the red1.spr in your valve/sprites folder.
6. There are 14 custom models in this map. They are not player models. You'll see these models swimming in the map. Place them all in a folder called squid and place that entire folder inside your valve/models folder.
7. Take the squidsville.bmp and squidsville.txt and put them in your valve/overviews folder.
OTHER LEVELS BY DOCROCK:
Can't thank you enough...for the friendship. For the beta tests. For the hours upon hours of laughter we had in your zob server! For the admin help. For the sounds help. For everything you've done for me and for baby...for the countless hours of playing nothing but my maps on your server...this is your map, SR!! Took awhile to get here, but it's all I can do to say thank you for the great friend that babykitkat and I have found in you. We love you man.
To my babykitkat, my lover, my sweetheart, my wife. I love you!! My #1 fan, thanks baby
for playtesting and helping me with this awesome map!
Thanks to qUiCkSiLvEr for the custom swimming models...TAA and perfect as usual!!!
chalupamonk approach_ skybox http://planethalflife.com/atmosphere/
Valve ERC forums, Wavelength forums, and Snark-Pit forums for answering questions dealing
with func_water, rock formation, model swimming, and other issues while making this map...thanks guys.
DOC'S NEXT MAP....COMING SOON:
squidsville.bsp copyright July 4, 2003 by DocRock
Authors MAY use this level as a base to build additional levels as long
as you give me credit in your read.me as using this map as a base to
build your level.
You MUST NOT distribute this level UNLESS you INCLUDE THIS FILE WITH
NO MODIFICATIONS. If you don't co-operate, then DON'T DISTRIBUTE IT
IN ANY FORM.
This map includes textures used in other Half-Life modifications as well as textures
used in other PC games. It is not my intention to steal these textures and use them
for personal gain. I use these textures because I think they are very well done and
am honored to use them. Please do not be offended that I borrowed your
textures if you are the author of them.
This LEVEL may be distributed ONLY over the Internet.
You are NOT authorized to put this LEVEL on any CD or distribute it in
any way without my written permission.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me with any comments about this map or any
of my other maps because I love feedback good or bad...and I will do my
best to answer any and all emails regarding my maps.