No more shiny, healthy-looking alien slaves!
This is a reskinned model of the old, wrinkly vortigaunt from Half-Life 2, before the Orange Box Update. They look dirty and unhealthy, which in my opinion suits very well in the context of them being slaves.
- brown, dirty, mottled skin
- rougher, more uneven skin surface
- glow-in-the-dark*, shiny shackles
- (optional) slower beam attack charge-up
- Back up the vortigaunt_slave files in ".../BMS/models"
- Back up the folder "vortigaunt" in ".../BMS/materials/models"
- Drag the "models" and "materials" folders into your BMS folder. Replace everything.
- (optional) drag the "models" folder from inside "(optional) old animations" into your BMS folder for slower charge up and running animations. WARNING it has missing animations.
- HL2 Leak Vortigaunt Sounds a good medium between HL1 vortigaunt sounds and HL2 ones!
- If using slower animations, put these stats in ".../BMS/cfg/skill.cfg" to balance them again. If it's too hard/easy, you can tweak it:
Give me feedback if you like! Also, please tell me if there are any errors. I might have more time to work on this. Special thanks to Valve for the original model, I merely modified the skin to resemble their Half-Life counterparts.
*In some places it might glow very faintly because of no light source nearby.