So I determined that the reason I could never get the tau cannon to work was because given the decompiled product, it would have NEVER worked!
In what was probably a good 24 hours of work or more, I've...\
- Reanimated the tau cannon so that it's functional.
- Reanimated all of the wheels so that they friggin' spin right.
- Fixed all of the attachments. (No more hard left turn at stage change.)
- Used a more tedious but technically superior method of doing the fake axle.
- Adjusted the center of mass so that there is a tiny chance in hell of the truck rolling (as opposed to none).
So VOAT10 and quit complaining. If there's a problem, it's probably you. You cannot possibly tell me that the driving segment can't be completed, now.
And don't forget to watch my series on driving the truck since some people are so fucking bad at driving in HL2, they need all the help they can get. Yes, these videos are the old version, but it's still relevant information as the handling of the truck hasn't changed.
This will now be my template for all buggy replacement compiles in the future, so look forward to seeing more of these. I'll redo all of my previous cars as well as do some new ones. As much work as goes into these things, I doubt I'll be doing any more packs.
No you can't include this in your mod or anything else. Don't even bother asking me how I did this because I'm taking this shit to my fucking grave.