1) Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead and put the "materials" folder in there.When asked to overwrite and/or merge choose yes.
2) Now, look for "whitelist.cfg" in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead and add "add" "materials/models/..." under the line // Additional files/directories to allow. Make a copy of this in case something goes wrong.
3) Now, look for pak01_dir.vpk in the same folder as the "whitelist.cfg". Open it using Notepad ++. Make sure you backup the original pak01_dir.vpk file
* If you don't have Notepad ++ get it here:
choose current version.
4) When you opened up pak01_dir.vpk with Notepad ++, press Ctrl+F to find these lines:
Replace "francis_color" with "francis_color1" and save.
I used JokeDindon's survival pack model of Francis as the base for this mod. I used photoshop to place the HA Colors and emblems on the vest. I liked his model and the Harley T-Shirt.
see link: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/58105
The image I used for the colors can be found here: