I created this mod in order to give the choice of different combinations of skins for hands and arms of our character.
In the packet you can find different combinations for gloves, sleeves and wrists:
- short mimetic gloves: I retextured the gloves with a mimetic tissue, maintaining the leather seams well visible.
- long mimetic gloves: the same modification was made for the long gloves, entirely mimetic and made for a safe hold.
- long wool gloves: for these gloves, I modificated the textures of the hands in order to make the Marked One wear a warm pair of wool gloves... moreover I modificated the sweater too, making it a militar and mimetic one.
- tatooed variants: all previous versions are also available with tatoos on the wristles... finally the marked On is really "marked"!
easy and fast, as ever!
Extract the directory "gamedata" of the version that you prefer and move it in "C:\program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl" (or wherever you installed the game). If prompted to overwrite the directory don't worry, the mod will install only a texture file and won't modify anything.
If it was the first time you install a mod, you have to follow this additonal steps:
- reach the directory in which you installed the game (i.e. "C:\program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl") and open the file fsgame.ltx with the notepad.
- edit the second line of the file, changing it from "$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata" to "$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata" (obviously, without quotes!).
- Save the file and close the notepad.
Marco_M (Marco M.)