Добавил: The DSystem
Well, Scout's a practical joke, isn't he?
The original mod, "The SkullBuster", was created in part by users Evil_Ice, mcneebs, and BlightedArt. The updated (and frankly much superior to mine) "Skullbuster 2012" was created with the addition of Sparkwire, the Heartsman, and Blaholtzen. I take no credit for this mod. Any problems with the submission with this skin, and I will take it down as needed. Thank you.
Happy April Fools! Well, it might be later, but at the time of writing, it's still April Fools. Anyways, the Skullbuster's always been a favorite of mine, so it, of course, pained me to see it fall into disuse. Well, that was until I saw user Gunslammer's explaination on how you actually could fix it! Deciding to follow his example on it, I extracted the Skullbuster model from the old mod, and "polished" it up for modern TF2. By "polished", I mostly mean getting it to have a working ejection port, muzzleflash, a moving jaw-bolt, and other slightly adjusted things, mostly based off the SB2012. "Why are you making a mod using the old model, when a new model exists?" You might ask. And it's really only because Sparkwire seems to have forgotten to ever release it, and Evil_Ice has since been offline perpetually. Shame, really.
- Updated out of the v_model system to work for all Sniper Rifles
- Backpack Icons
- Killstreak, Festive, & Australium support (Botkillers already work)
- Updated with proper particle attachment points
- Blue teamcoloring on Red team and Red teamcoloring on Blue
- Reskin compatibility
- [Option] Slightly different textures more akin to "the Skullbuster 2012" workshop submission
- [Option] Some differently-hatted versions of the Skullbuster for the non-stock rifles, and a Batter's Helm for the Stock one
- [Option] Red Teamcolored variants for Red team and Blue variants for Blue
Problems (This is where you chew me out for making mistakes)
- In world, it's with the thumb on the "hammer" of the rifle. I'm not sure how much more I can alter that part without it looking real off, though. Also some minor clipping with the ribcage and jawbone throughout, but the ribcage is mostly smaller clipping now.
- The animations from the old mod don't work!!
- Look, I actually do know how to restore them.. slightly. But a problem still remains in the other rifles, which aren't designed with the Skullbuster animations in mind. So therefore, it's physically impossible for me to actually port the animations without major conflict until the High Noon comes out officially
- No real support for non-Scout skulls
- I might do this later, but I'll need to figure out how I should go about it. Some classes don't even have hats, and I'll have major trouble fitting a balaclava onto the Skull
Probably going to be one of the last things I make before education starts to take over. I'm also starting to get the modder's version of Writer's Block, so there's that as well. I figured y'all were sick of me already. Appreciate it, guys :p (I jest, it's alright.)
Remember, if there are ANY problems with the submission of this mod, I WILL trash it! I've tried to get in contact with Evil_Ice endlessly for permission to upload, but he hasn't been online for months. Honestly, with my luck, he'll come back 5 minutes after I upload this and tell me to take it down. Eh, no hard feelings if so. I had fun making this, and that's what counts. (I know y'all are going to give me 1,001 reasons why I can't have fun with mods and kill my high spirits, so whatever)