OLD WEAPONS SKINS FOR CURRENT ZOMBIE PANIC! SOURCE
Everything was made by the ZPS Dev Team except :
- This pack by Shepard (also known as Shepard62FR, Shepard62700FR)
- AK-47, M4 and IED 1.4 replica by TheRar1000
- High Quality-ish Gloves by DrDeanDarko
You don't like ZPS's new weapons style ? You would like to have the good weapons from the earlier ZPS's versions ? Well this pack is for you !
This pack replaces all ZPS's new weapons by the old one from the earlier version. I still have a copy of ZPS v1.25b and decided to make a pack for those who like the way that ZPS's weapons looked in the past.
All weapons are replaced except some melee weapons (I searched for a download link for the v1.4 version)
Be careful, the animations from the "old" ZPS does not match the timing of the "new" ZPS (an exemple, in the "new" ZPS, the Remington 870 fire faster than the old one), so if you don't care about this you can download, install and use. But if you care about that, I don't recommand you to install, download and use (unless you can fix the problem by editing the models, anims...)
If anyone upload/PM me the materials, sounds and models of missing weapons that aren't included in this pack, I give him a cookie =)
Because the models were not edited, the only hands you will see will be Eugene's old arms, if you wish to have Marcus, Jessica and the Punker's hands on the old models, a modeler has to decompile a viewmodel weapon from the "new" ZPS and rig the hands into the old weapon's skeleton. Don't ask me to do that because I don't know to model, anim, rig and so on. I'm just a mapper.
NOTE : If you already have ZPS as a mod (that allow to use custom skins), go directly to step 10, the first 9 steps are meant for people who don't have ZPS as a mod and can't install skins (you will need about 2Gb of hard drive space to extract ZPS files).
1) Download GCFScape ( http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=26 ).
2) Install GCFScape.
3) Open with GCFScape the "zps client.gcf" file located in this folder : "\SteamApps".
4) Right click on the "zps" folder in GCFScape and select "Extract".
5) The directory where GCFScape have to extract ZPS's files must match this one : "\SteamApps\SourceMods".
6) Open with Notepad (or your favorite text editor) the "GameInfo.txt" located in this folder : "\SteamApps\SourceMods\zps".
7) Change the value of "game" (third line) (for exemple : "ZPS (Custom Edition)").
8) Save the changes.
9) Restart Steam (if it was running), you should now be able to see your "edited" version of ZPS in your game list.
10) Extract the skins in this folder : "\SteamApps\SourceMods\zps".
11) If you wish to use DrDeanDarko's High Quality-ish Gloves, extract the "materials" folder in your "zps" folder.