Добавил: The DSystem
L4D ORIGINS: ZOEY (Pack 1)
Give her your own origin story.
- //FUB™\\ is an L4D group of players, and its use here is in no way intended to infringe upon an artist's name.
- L4D ORIGINS: ZOEY is in no way intended to infringe upon the rather amazing fanfic stories L4D:ORIGINS, but rather to play off of the X-Men movie coming out within a few days of this release.
- Sorry for the intensely long description, I try to be insanely explicit in my explanations and instructions to avoid any confusion.
If I receive requests for various college outfits, I'll create another pack when I have time to get around to it, and I'll announce which colleges will be in it. Please PM me with your requests and I'll take note of them.
Colleges and Screenshots
Because there are so many screenshots, I've posted the list of included colleges as well as screenshots below, which are hosted on a third party site. Just click to enlarge. I noticed that beginning of Blood Harvest has some of the highest texture contrast in-game, so I based all my colors on it, knowing that it will be more faded in most other areas/levels.
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Penn State
- Univ. of Arizona
- Univ. of California Davis
|Univ. of California Los Angeles
Univ. of Delaware
Univ. of Southern California
Univ. of Miami
Univ. of North Carolina|
About the Skin
We all know that Zoey is a college girl. Fortunately for us, that's as far as they ever took it. This pack contains 10 different college modifications of Zoey, as you can see in the screenshots. I chose them based on my affiliation with some of them, the popularity of others, and the location of yet others (ie Pennsylvania like Blood Harvest itself). I wanted to create something that gives Zoey a fresh background, allowing players to relate to her further while staying within the confines of the backstory and not ruining the mood of the game. Here's what's been changed on Zoey for EACH college.
- Jacket sports two tones (main jacket, and pocket/zipper/side lining)
- Jacket front contains a logo design that includes block lettering and/or a school logo - I browsed all these colleges' official stores in order to create legitimate front-side designs for each jacket
- Shirt is a dark gray with a waffle-weave (a neutral color that matches all colleges, but something better than just plain white in my opinion)
- Hair band is a shade of gray (rather than green) so it is neutral and fits with all colleges, requiring only one head texture file in the pack.
- Boomer-Tested and Mother Approved (vomit does not pink/black checker any part of Zoey)
What's in the Pack
July 09, 2009: The pack has been updated to reflect some changes in Valve's VPK architecture - the head_compress modification of the VPK file began causing the game to crash upon boot after the June 25th update. A BIG thanks to zero813 for identifying that problem, as I only knew it was happening and had no idea why. I have reuploaded the pack without that texture file and have modified the necessary VMT files and the readme file to reflect this change.
- this readme
- 'whitelist.cfg' file
- 'teenangst' folder with 4 VMT files, and 1 head VTF file
- 'zoey_color2 - college choices' folder, containing 10 zoey_color2.vtf files, each with its respective college name appended to the filename
1) Choose one college (*.vtf) from the 'zoey_color2' - college choices folder, and copy it. paste it into the included teenangst folder and rename it to 'zoey_color2' (remove the college suffix)
2) To install all of the texture files, now copy the included teenangst folder and paste it in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\materials\models\survivors\
3) To allow custom textures to be loaded in-game, place the file 'whitelist.cfg' in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead
4) To force the game to load the custom Zoey textures, you must edit the file 'pak01_dir.vpk' using notepad++. BE SURE TO SAVE A BACKUP COPY OF THIS FILE FIRST, IN CASE YOU MAKE ANY MISTAKES AND/OR NEED TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL!! 'pak01_dir.vpk' is located in the same directory as 'whitelist.cfg'.
4a) Once you have opened the file, hit CTRL+F and complete a downward search for the string 'zoey_color'. The first result provided should include the words zoey_color[...other stuff...]vertexlitgeneric, followed by a set of brackets.
Add a '2' to the end of the first line in those brackets:
4b) Now complete a downward search from right where you are in the file for the string 'zoey_head'. The first result provided should include the words zoey_head[...other stuff...]vertexlitgeneric, followed by a set of brackets.
Add a '2' to the end of only the first line within the brackets:
5) Then save pak01_dir.vpk, and you should be set! Enjoy!
Created by //FUB™\Agent 34